Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for elderly/disabled housing?

An application must be fully completed and returned to BHA. Applications can be obtained at the office or a copy can be downloaded from the DHCD website.

How do I apply for Section 8 rental assistance?

Our Section 8 list is closed at this time because of its length (10 years wait time).

How do I apply for Family Housing?

An application can be picked up at the office or you can download a copy from the DHCD website. Please note that e-mailed applications will not be accepted.

I am a BHA resident; how do I request maintenance be done in my apartment?

Call the office 978-667-2175 and request a "work order". Explain the situation; a work order will be generated and assigned to the appropriate maintenance staff. The work will be scheduled and is usually completed within 2 days.

The office is closed; how do I request maintenance be be done in my apartment?

Call the office 978-667-2175. The answering service will take your call and contact the on-call maintenance man. There is a BHA maintenance man on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

When is BHA open?

The BHA Office is open Mondays thru Thursdays from 7:00 AM until 3:00 PM and Fridays from 7:00 AM until 12:30 PM.
Office hours are subject to change without notice due to weather, holidays, etc.

How long is the wait for housing?

It is diffcult to give a specific time. The wait for elderly housing is generally 6 to 9 months or more. The wait for family housing is well over 5 years.